"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

Thursday, December 24, 2009

An early Christmas present

In the military you have the choice to take off either the week of Christmas or New Years. Since hubby is still considered the "new guy" at Macdill he really didn't have a choice and was scheduled to work this week 7am-7pm instead of the normal 7am-3pm. I'll admit, I was a little depressed. I've never spent Christmas Eve or Christmas Day alone! Christmas has always been a big, festive holiday in my family. There are lots of parties and get togethers with family and it hit me this year that I wouldn't be able to be part of it. I was really going to miss all of the delicious food family time.
My little sister has spent the week with us and my mom is coming to pick her up today and we are going to do a little shopping. We love the hustle and bustle...go ahead, call us crazy. I was going to get up with the hubby this morning and go workout while he got ready for work. When our alarm went off at 5:30 and he said "Surprise! I have today and tomorrow off!" I figured the gym could wait until later and I can take advantage of the snuggle time! I AM SO EXCITED!! God is so good!
I think I'm going to get up and make my prince and little sister some breakfast. I'll introduce you to the hubby and super cute dog later. I have a few projects I am working on and I hope to finish today. Yes, today, Christmas Eve, haha. I'm also hoping to find some bargains on our shopping adventure. 

Hugs!

P.S. The hubby is pretty much right out of GQ so, don't be jealous : )

No comments: