"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I finally did it!!

I have been reading these crafting/decorating/organizing blogs for the last 2 weeks and have become, not only addicted but, inspired by you wonderful women!
My husband and I got married September 26th and it has been a whirlwind, to say the least, since then. He is in the Air Force and two weeks before our wedding we had to move from Panama City to Tampa. After our wedding we only had one weekend to look for a house and decided to go ahead and just rent an apartment. We had no idea what a smart decision that would actually end up being. The day we leased our apt we had to travel to PA because my father-in-law was too ill to attend our wedding. We never would have been able to close on a house. My husband and I arrived in time to spend a few days with him before he passed. He was a wonderful man and we miss him so much.
When we arrived back in Tampa I was so excited to finally start decorating our place. Moving from a two story 3bd/2.5b to a 2bd/2b apartment was a huge change for me. I think going from 3 closets to 2 closets was the most difficult, HAHA. Even though I can't paint the walls or tear down the ugly cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms, I am determined to make this the snazziest, most beautiful apartment anyone has ever seen...on a very tight budget. Let's just hope I don't spray paint my husband in the process. Did I mention he is a pack rat?! HELP!
So, thank you to those who share all of your ideas, tips, and tricks on making your home..a home. You have really inspired me and helped me to realize that it's possible, even if you don't have a lot of money. I am very excited and I hope you all bare with me as I learn and grow in this area.

Blessings! 

No comments: