"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Unto us is born a Savior

It's Christmas Eve and I'm laying on the couch watching The Santa Clause 2 (by myself) while hubby is downstairs working on his car. We were going to drive to my parents house to join in the festivities but, he wanted it to be just the two of us on Christmas morning. He is so sweet. I did promise some pictures of him and our puppy so here there are.


Here is my prince on our wedding day.



Goliath on Thanksgiving


And here he is playing Santa! Isn't he a cutie

Mom and I did find some good deals today. Especially at Pier 1. The line was too long but, I am definitely going back the day after Christmas. I have a feeling the sales will be awesome! I was able to get a project intoday. I've been trying to figure out what to do with these lamps that we have in our bedroom.




I was originally going to change the color of the stand but, the fixtures on our dresser and other furniture are this color so I decided to change the shade. I can paint the base later if need be.
The project ended up being a lot more difficult than I expected because the shade is so different in size from top to bottom. I didn't think about that before I started. DUH!! Can you tell I'm a newbie? It's not terrific but, it was the "look" I was going for. I suppose it could have turned out worse. Please don't judge me :o)





My next project is our dresser. It's gigantic and gorgeous but, has gotten beat up with all of the moving around we have done recently. It will be my first time painting a big piece of furniture so and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy the time with your family and friends and never forget about the most wonderful gift that we have ever received. The birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Many blessings to everyone.





No comments: