"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fingers Crossed!!

I have two interviews this week and I'm so excited. My husband has been gracious enough to let me stay home since we've moved to Tampa, but I'm ready to be working again. Please pray one of them works out for me!!

Today was a pretty good day at the gym. My P90 book said it was time for shoulders and arms, but I did that on Monday so I just loaded up on some cardio. I was able to get into the dance room for 30 minutes and I kicked my own butt!! I spent 20 minutes on turns alone so to say I was dizzy is an understatement, haha. After that I did some kick exercises. I'm pretty sure my legs are going to KILL me tomorrow. Hey, no pain no gain right?
Dancing  30min  160cal
Elliptical  60min  630calories
Treadmill  31min  341calories
Bike Ride  35min  284cal

Shape.com has a really awesome tool called the Calorie Burn Tool. If you're ever unsure about how many calories you've burned during an exercise, just plug everything in to this little helper and it will calculate for you!

Breakfast  Apple w/ peanut butter  150cal
Snacks  Nature Valley Bar  140cal  Popcorn 100cal  Lemonade 200cal
Lunch  Leftover wrap from last night and Cape Cod chips  246cal
Dinner  Sloppy Joe  400cal
1236 for the day.

I was reading through the April issue of Fitness magazine today and it's a goooooood one. One thing that I found very interesting was there Simple Secrets to Total Body Confidence. They asked their readers to write letters to their own body. Umm AWESOME and inspirational! I will leave you with a few of my favs.

You are gentle, beautiful. Thank you for being there for me. You deserve a new pair of jeans, since you've kept me healthy while training for the half-marathon.  -Maria Anter Rothenburger

Thank you for helping me beat breast cancer when the doctors gave me no chance. Thanks for letting me live out my dream job as a personal trainer. Just try to keep up with me, OK? Love you!  -Nicki Jones

Your strong legs take me anywhere I need to go. When I think of how many miles I've walked over my lifetime, it would take me halfway around the world. Please stay energetic and healthy so I can be as mobile at 80 years as I was at 18.  -Curlypow


No comments: