"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ummm What?!

You k now how it goes when you start a new routine...you hit a bump in the road. My bump came today!

First of all, my precious puppy is sick : (  He is too darn cute to be sick! His allergies are acting up because there has been so much pollen in the air. His nose and stuffy and his eyes are watery so I had to pick him up some meds which caused me to be SUPER late for the gym. I don't think he's slowed down a bit though! He's my little trooper. Just look at this cute guy...
P.S. His name is Goliath, hehe

Back to my bump in the road. SCHOOL!! Three essays due this week, two of them due tonight. I've been working on them for a while, but I want an "A" in this class so bad that I keep going back n forth. I finally thought it was pretty close to perfect and headed to the gym. By this time it was 1:00. I couldn't stay late at the gym because class starts at 5:30 and I needed to go in early and register for some class. Plus, I had to shower. I don't want to be the stinky one of the class. EWWW!! 

Enough complaining though here was my blah workout today.
Abs  30minutes 140calories
Stairmaster  20minutes 170calories
Elliptical  30minutes 350calories

Now since I didn't go home after the gym I had to get something to eat on base. So guess where I stopped? BURGER KING!! Now, let me justify my decision. All of the places to eat on base are fast food and I fasted fast food for lent so I was about to go CRAZY for a cheeseburger, haha. I want everyone to remember that it's okay to splurge a little once or twice a week. NOT one or two DAYS a week. If we constantly starve our bodies it will store fat and we will never lose it!! So go ahead and have that cheeseburger or slice of pizza. You deserve it : ) 
Breakfast  2 scrambled eggs with chopped red peppers  154calories
Lunch  1 piece leftover fish from lastnight  300calories
Snacks  1 Nature Valley bar, BK kids meal (yes, I considered it a snack)  650calories
Dinner  Half of a homemade chicken wrap and some cape cod chips  300calories 
1404 total for today. Not too bad. That might have been better than yesterday.

Today definitely could have caused some discouragement, but it's important to not let that happen. Life gets in the way sometimes and that's...LIFE! Oh! Here's my dinner recipe. I used some dijon mustard instead of yogurt. The mustard has less calories and less sugars! I also added a tsp of taco sauce, a tbsp of mayo, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. 






No comments: