"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

Friday, January 22, 2010

A mess turned BEAUTIFUL!

I'm so happy to finally be posting again.We've been so busy around here and that has meant NO time for fun projects. BOOHOO!!!

I was, however, able to get some organizing in today. YAYY! I've been on a cleaning fit this entire week and it's been freakin AWESOME! I went to grab some hand towels out of the linen closet in our guest bathroom this morning and was disgusted at what I saw. I see this mess everyday but, today it felt like the devil was in that closet. I had to do something about it...

QUICKLY!!  

I suppose I should let you see the before, huh?


Yes, I made this picture dark and gloomy on purpose.
That's how I felt looking at it...

Everything from towels to candles holders to a snowman cookie jar to cleaning supplies and more was in there.

I headed out to BIG LOTS and Marshall's and came back with some gooooodies!!

At BIG LOTS I found some plastic containers. I got two smaller ones and a medium sized one, all for $4!!
Lucky for me, Marshall's is right next to BIG LOTS. And I couldn't pass up these beauties : )




All 3 for $7
Of course they got some spray paint!


How could I pass up this GORGEOUS thing?!
It was $13 but, it grabbed me as I walked by...and wouldn't let go...
Seriously!

While my spray paint was drying I cleaned out the closet and would you believe I had 6 bottles of Febreze?! Go here and you will receive $35 in coupons for brands like Cascade, Dawn, Febreze, Mr. Clean and Swiffer!

Time for you to see my new linen closet!! The devil is no longer in there. Now, it is...HEAVENLY!



 
Shampoo, Soap, Loofah for guests
These hand towels are what started it all



Detergent and Dryer Sheets
Cleaning supplies in the beautiful bin : )
I'm sad I got the last one...



Bath towels



Shower Curtains
Candles
Christmas and overflow hand towels




I think I will enjoy going in here now
Ahhhh


 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

FABULOUS! LOVE THAT PAISLEY BLUE AND BROWN CONTAINER! you did a great job! ;)

Thankfully Thrifty said...

I love organization! Looks great! I love the paisley! And I also love spray paint! Haha. I would not have even thought to buy those red and green boxes though and spray paint them. They look great! I am thrifty so that's right up my alley! I may have to stop by my Marshalls and see if I can find some.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Love it! So fresh and organized. I like how your rolled our towels and put them in the bins too. Great job girl!!

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

That looks so nice now! Amazing what a few cute boxes can do!

Angie Holden said...

Love it!! I so want to do some of this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Becca said...

Love love love!

S. L. said...

this is exactly what my closet needs. Thanks for the inspiration. LOVE IT!

Pine Tree Home said...

I just had an "ah hah" moment. I've stored my candles everywhere except my linen closet. Now I am off to find a nice box and put them in the closet, safe and sound. Thanks for the tip.

Vanessa said...

Looks great!