"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Fab Coasters

My husband just loves our glass coffee table. I think he loves anything that he gets a good deal on. I'm trying to break him of that, lol. Anywho, I have to Windex this thing like twice a day! It's quite ridiculous. So, I decided to make some of those super fab coasters that I've been seeing all over blog land.

Yesterday, I went to Home Depot and picked up these tiles for 16 cents a piece!! I had to talk
myself out of buying the entire box. Sorry, for the awful picture but, you get the idea.


Then, I busted out my handy dandy Mod Podge (= love) and brushed
the tiles with a thin layer.


I had some leftover scrapbook paper that I cut out to fit each tile. Then, I brushed on another thin layer of Mod Podge on top, especially around the edges. After that, I sprayed them with a Polyurethane Gloss and added the little felt tabs to the bottom.


Here is the finished product


Do you LOVE them as much as I do? I couldn't be happier! My wonderful husband told me I should have bought the entire box of tiles so I could make these and sell them. I don't think it's such a bad idea :o) Especially since these only cost me 64 cents to make. HOLY MOLY!

Hugs!

4 comments:

Becca said...

So fun! I love anything that has to do with Mod Podge!

Striker said...

I do also love your coasters. I have made a few mayself. Thinking very seriously about selling them too.

I experimented with pictures from the internet. My daughter is a Beatle freak so we made some Beatle coasters. I should have printed it on card stock, but for us it turned out great.

Thanks for posting.

Striker said...

I do love your coasters. I saw how to do these last week and have experimented with a few.

I will be making more this weekend.

Another fun thing I did with a set was to print off pictures of The Beatles (we are big fans). So, I made Beatle coasters. My daughter loves them.

Good luck if you sell them. I have the same idea.

Vanessa said...

Those are wonderful! I love how they are mismatched but coordinate! I made some of these for Christmas gifts! They are very fun!